Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Equestria Collection - Swatches, Part 1

I love wearing my nail polishes as much as I enjoy making them. Here are the first three Equestria Collection polishes on my very own nails!


Pinkie Promise over Illamasqua Collide
Thoughts: The yellow/gold shimmer in this polish really comes through on anything darker than the pink base it's in, so I would prefer to layer this one over itself or lighter shades like a soft pink or white.


20% Cooler over (L-R) Revlon Pink Chiffon, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening, Sally Hansen Limestone, Color Club Factory Girl.
Thoughts: Looks cute over bright colors! I love a matte top coat over CC Factory Girl for the true Rainbow Dash effect! See here:


See? CC Factory Girl is almost the perfect blue!



The Worst Possible Thing over Zoya Ibiza
Thoughts: This is maybe a thicker coat than I would normally wear, but it is so complex and really difficult to stop admiring. I haven't had sunlight since putting this one on, so the pictures are in artificial light (top) and cloudy light. The macro shot is of my ring finger - doesn't it look awesome?

My sister stole my bottle of A Little Kindness, so maybe we can expect swatches of that one soon! I'll get to wearing the other two sometime this week. And look for a special blog post tomorrow... :D


6 comments:

  1. Ah! I love Pinkie Promise! I preordered that one and cant wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited about getting these! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I really can not wait to get these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving these! Can't wait to see the other swatches =]!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with these polishes! So glad I found your blog, now following :)

    Frances
    hellofrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The worst possile thing is beautiful!! WOW!

    whatprettynails.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete